|"Offer your soul..."|
|Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess|
|Japanese name||影牢 ～もう1人のプリンセス～|
|Romaji name||Kagero ~Mouhitori no Purinsesu~|
|Release Dates||March 26, 2015 (JP)|
July 14, 2015 (NA)
July 17, 2015 (EU)
|Genre||Action game / Strategy RPG|
|Ratings||CERO: Ages 17 and up|
|Platforms||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
- “What is "Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess"?
A transcendentally evolved version of the Trap Action game "Deception IV: Blood Ties", including brand new functions!
Introducing the new heroine, Velguirie, the Nightmare Princess!
The new Quest Mode allows you to obtain more traps as you fulfill certain quests!
With over 180 traps, including brand new ones, this game has the most traps of any other game in the series!
Velguirie's new Abilities--Kick Technique Action!”
- —English website
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, known in Japan as Kagero: Another Princess (影牢 ～もう1人のプリンセス～), is a Deception game for the PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4 by Tecmo Koei, and it contains Deception IV: Blood Ties, along with a new quest mode titled The Nightmare Princess.
The Mystery of Darkside HeavenEdit
- Darkside Heaven is the rift between dreams and reality.
- It is a place that calls out to those with strong desires.
- People come here from many worlds with wishes in their hearts.
- Their hopes, fears, and desires blend together...
- Millennia, Reina, Alicia, Laegrinna, and Velguirie.
- Why have these five heroines assembled in Darkside Heaven?
- What is the real reason Darkside Heaven exists?
- And this strange place that intersects it...
- How is it connected to the "strange place" that Velguirie has encountered?
- The people Velguirie meets there act as if they know her.
- Does Velguirie appear as a different person in their eyes?
- And what awaits at the edge of Darkside Heaven?
The Nightmare Princess introduces the new character Velguirie, who is able to set traps as well as directly attack enemies by kicking. The player can deal damage to an enemy by stomping on them after they have fallen to the ground, or kick them into traps.
The game will also include an option titled Deception Studio, which allows players to create their own characters, enemies, and missions. Parts for Deception Studio can be acquired by playing Quest Mode.
Tecmo Koei announced Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess for Playstation 4, Playstation 3, and Playstation Vita in an issue of the Famitsu magazine on the 12 December 2014. At the time of the announcement, development was reported to be 50% complete.
Players that pre-order the Japanese version of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess will receive the 'Golden Toilet' trap, a golden version of one of the new traps that are in Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess.
Players that buy the treasure box edition of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess will receive three exclusive traps.
- Main article: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess/Images
- This is the first Deception game to have a direct sequel relevant to its plot and characters and to still retain its original title.
- The overseas covers were censored, covering most of Laegrinna's and Velguirie's exposed skins with clothes and markings.
|Deception IV: Blood Ties • Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess|
Caelea • Veruza • Lilia
Velguirie (Fuyuno Kanata)
Millennia • Reina • Allura
|Alma Mueller • Celia Mevious • Devil • Dow Menigell • Ernest Love • Evelyn • Freise Grayden • Gallagh Belgosh • Lord of Prosslyn Castle • Lyla Gun Feyconia • Telma Mueller • Vale Brandeau • Victor Logos • Zeno Shin|
|Armor Break • Daemons • Deception Studio • Holy Verses • Twelve Saints|
Prosslyn Castle • Balmagyr • Lapria Park • Ruins of Scardzyini
Trapt Academy • Kagero Hospital • D. Seption Park
|Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness|
Kagero: Deception II
Deception III: Dark Delusion
Deception IV: Blood Ties • The Nightmare Princess
Kagero ~Trap Girls~
|Trap • Class|